Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eyes

David was born 3 months early. Because of this his eyes were not open after I delivered him.

Following the days after his birth, my husband and I talked about how much we couldn't wait until he opened his eyes. My husband especially.

He was so in love.

A few days passed and he started opening, squinting actually one eye open. My brother sang to him on Friday "He's got the whole world in his hands." and David popped one eye open. He kept popping it open every time he sang.

We were making progress.

It was on December 18 when he opened both his eyes for the first time. We arrived at the hospital and there David was in his little incubator staring right at me.

It was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen.

My husband and I where in heaven.

He had dark blue beautiful eyes.

David passed away a couple hours after this.

A few days later while we were getting ready for David's funeral I was going through my husbands camera. On his camera was a video.

Of David, opening his eyes.

Of course I started bawling. I had no idea my husband took a video and he had forgotten. It's short, only a few seconds long but it shows David's beautiful eyes. Wide open.

I'm glad he took that video - it is now one of my prized possessions.

You never know when the last time you will see someone will be. Cherish the time you have with your family and friends. Life is to valuable to not enjoy the little things.


No comments:

Post a Comment