Friday, January 13, 2012

Benjamin Jury

I remember the first time I saw my husband like it was yesterday. I was actually dating someone else, I was not happy, the guy actually annoyed me. I was sitting in the back of chapel one day with this guy thinking I am not happy, I do not need to be dating him, I don't even like him. When Ben walked into chapel. He caught my eye, there was just something about him that made me smile. He walked with a confidence, not arrogance but something different, something sweet. You could see his love for God written all over his faced. I loved that. He talked to everyone and was so friendly. I remember thinking to myself "now I need to be dating someone like him not this guy." That was December of 2008.

A few weeks later there was a girl who was on my cheerleading squad talking about a date she was going on. She wouldn't tell us who at first. But someone kept pressing so she finally did. It was Ben. Everyone, except me, oooohed and ahhhed, oh he's so hot, I heard someone say. But I didn't say a word. I couldn't believe what was happening inside of me. Jealousy? I thought. Really Jenna? I said to myself. You don't even know this guy why are you so jealous. I went home for christmas break that weekend and came back a few weeks later. I occasionally thought about Ben but mainly tried to push him out of my mind. There was no way he would even notice me so I should just forget about it. I saw him around campus alot but other than that I never talked to him. I focused on my studies and eventually forgot about what I felt that day about him in chapel. At the end of Feb. I was getting ready for a Missions trip to Belize. We were leaving really late that night so I was killing time by Facebooking. I recieved a FB friends request. It was from Ben Jury, of course I accepted. A few minutes later my friend IM'd me. She said "Ben thinks your cute" me being the blonde I am said "Ben who" her reply was "the guy you just added duh". I waited for an hour for him to IM me but he never did. So I gathered my courage and said Hi. I mean it's FB right what's the worse that can happen. He said hi back and we talked for a few minutes. After that we both left for our seperate mission trips.

I thought about him quite a bit on my mission trip. He was so handsome and friendly. I didn't know much about him but I knew I couldn't keep him out of my head. When I got home from the missions trip he texted me. My friend had given him my number. We talked a little bit and then he asked me on a date. Of course I agreed. I was ecstatic. Did this really happen? Did the Ben Jury I saw from Chapel back in December just ask me out on a date? I immediately called my mom. This was to good to be true.

Our first date was Tues. March 10, 2009. I had to cheer at a basketball game so we decided to go out after. He meet me in the gym after the game and we went to Braums, It is an ice cream place, for those of you who don't know. I was so nervous. For those of you who know me, you know I'm a quiet person when I'm around new people, especially on a date. You also know that when I'm nervous I break out in hives all over my chest and neck and back. Well that's what happened. There I was in my red and black cheerleading uniform, with my chest and neck all broken out in red blotches. I looked like a red tomato. Atleast I was a cute red tomato. We ordered ice cream, sat in Braums and talked for what seemed like forever. We talked about everything, family, friends, our plans for our future. That is when Ben informed me that he had first noticed me through his dorm window. He saw me walking on the curb studying. He saw me quite a few times actually, he thought at first that my older brother was my bf. (which was a big let down to him until he found out he thought wrong lol) A Braums employee had to kick us out because they were closing. So we went to my car and sat and talked some more. I still wasn't done with my ice cream and ended up dripping it all over my uniform. Very embarrassing, of course Ben thought it was hilarious. We went out the next night. and that weekend also. We went out a few more times and I grew to really like him.

 It wasn't long afterwards that I realized I actually loved him. I couldn't get him out of my head. He consumed my thoughts, he consumed every bit of me. In May he asked me to be his girlfriend and in August he asked me to marry him. This man is the most amazing man I know. He is my best friend, the love of my life and I couldn't ask for a better husband. We both lost our son, but he has been so strong through all of this. I couldn't do this without him. He keeps me strong. He makes me laugh, He holds me tight. He protects me. He is the love of my life.

1 comment:

  1. that was sweet. Ben's a big goober but we love him! :)

    ReplyDelete