Friday, January 27, 2012

Love you through it.




There is this beautiful song by Martina Mcbride, called love you through it. It's a song about cancer, however I feel as though this song could apply to any tragedy in life, because when we go through something we often feel weak and like we can't go on any longer. That is why is is so important to have a support system in your life. I have a great support system. I have my husband, my parents, my brothers, my sister-in-law, My aunts, uncles, and cousins, my church family, my in-laws on ben's side, I have countless friends who are there for me. I am so blessed. If you are struggling with something find a support system. Having support doesn't mean things heal any faster, or make it all hurt less. But it means you have someone there when you feel as though it's all crashing down. It means you have people in your life who will sit and listen when all you can do is cry. It means when you are having a bad day after countless good days you can go to someone and they will understand. It means you have people who love you and are willing to love you through your tragedy. There's a beautiful line in Martina Mcbride's song. It goes "She said I don't think I can do this anymore, he took her in his arms and said that's what my love is for." I just think that verse is so powerful. And after your support system has been there for you and you are feeling healed, be prepared to be there for them. Because we are not the only ones in this life who go through difficult times.

The picture I have at the beginning of this blog really touched me because it's so true. We cannot look at someone and tell if they have a broken heart. But it hurts just the same. Like anything broken with time a broken heart heals. However, it will leave a scar. Just like anything else. Sure the scar doesn't hurt as bad, but it's still visible and it takes a part of you.

 I have physical scars. I have two scars on my face, both are very little but they are there anyway. One is from having chicken pox. The other is from when I was a toddler, I fell against a coffee table and cut above my lip. I have my c-section scar that is slowly healing. I have scars on my legs from when I was learning to shave and cut myself on accident a few times. I have two scars in my hands from having IV's in me for a week while I was in the hospital.

I also have emotional scars. I have a scar from the pain I felt when my Pappy passed away, and my other two grandpa's as well. I have an emotional scar from when my Mamaw had a stroke. I have a scar from when David passed away. But I also had people there with me, helping me through it. That's what has helped me through each tough time in my life. We need each other. However I'm not the only one with emotional scars. I cannot get deep into my pain and think I'm the only one out there hurting. My family hurts too. They miss David as much as I do. But that doesn't mean the pain doesn't exsist. So instead of sinking deeper and deeper into your pain, find someone. Find someone to talk to who you trust. Someone who will listen and not judge you for feeling how you feel. Find someone who will be patient with you and your pain. Find someone who will just hug you when there's nothing to say. Humans are a species with feelings. The Lord gave us feelings for a reason. He wants us to feel. If we didn't feel sadness then we wouldn't feel happiness either. And I wouldn't have given up the joy I felt after my son was born if my life depended on it. Even if I had known I wouldn't have him for very long.

Whether it feels like it or not everyone has someone in their life that will love them through tragedies. I am blessed because I have more than a handful of people who have been loving me through this. And I will be there for them and love them through any tough times in there life. Because that's what we should do.

Love.


Love you through it- Martina McBride

1 comment: